Coming from Utrecht / Amersfoort:
- Coming from the direction of Utrecht A2 and Amersfoort A1 follow the A10 direction Zaanstad until exit S114 (Centrum / Zeeburg / Artis).
- After that follow the route as indicated on the directions from Den Haag / Schiphol, see below.
Coming from Zaandam:
- Take the Zeeburgertunnel and exit S114 (Centrum / Zeeburg / Artis). Continue as indicated below.
Coming from Den Haag / Schiphol:
- From direction Den Haag / Schiphol you follow the A10.
- Take exit S114 and turn left at the end of the exit. Go straight ahead into the Piet Heintunnel. Turn right at the traffic lights, direction Central Station.
- After the third traffic light (with the tunnel under the railway on your left side), take the second turn to the right, Piet Heingarage (this is the parking garage next to the BIMHUIS).
Piet Hein garage (Height 2,10 m):
Per 3 minutes: € 0,19
Per day (maximal): € 38
Parking during an event (discount):
Between 3PM en 3AM you can also use the evenemententoets/button in the machines of the Piet Heingarage. This works as follows:
- On arrival in, or departure from the Piet Heingarage put your parkingcard in the machine
- Push the ‘evenementen’button (N.B. this button only reacts if you arrive after 5PM)
- Pay € 25,- (You can park your car for a maximum period of 7 hours)
- Take your parking card from the machine, you can leave the garage.
parking Piet Hein
Please note: due to changes in the Amsterdam parking policy, exit tickets are unfortunately no longer sold.
You can use the event rate on the payment machine
The closest P+R-garage is P+R Zeeburg, Zuiderzeeweg 46a (€ 8,00 for 24 hours, including GVB return tickets for tram, bus and metro for you and your partner). From there, tram 26 (towards Central Station) has a stop right in front of the BIMHUIS.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
You can easily reach the BIMHUIS by train. From the northern exit of the Central Station, the BIMHUIS is seen at a distance of appr. one kilometer, eastwards on the IJ.
Line 26 Centraal Station / IJburg
Your stop is Muziekgebouw / BIMHUIS, the first stop coming from Central Station direction IJburg (Tram 26).
NightBus 359 Centraal Station/IJburg (stop J. Schaeferbrug, direction Central Station).
For more information, see
You can also take a 10 minute walk from the back side of the station (Noord). Go to the right and walk along the water. Walk up the bridge and you will find the BIMHUIS/Muziekgebouw aan ‘t IJ on you left hand side where you can take the passengers bridge to the entrance.