Space is the Place organizes groundbreaking bimonthly Intergalactic Night at the BIMHUIS café: a kaleidoscope of genres and disciplines including jazz, dance, theater, classical, poetry and self-made instruments. Ernst Glerum is the house pianist.
This edition features a performance on self-made instruments by Peter Zegveld, who has been active over two decades with sensational performances. His visual, sensual and cinematic works actively use light, air, sound and gravity. Zegveld has worked for, among others, Orkater and VPRO.
This year Jeff Aendenboom won the Café Theater Festival Utrecht with his show God zal ons (niet) Redden: an existential drunkard’s dance full of confusing observations and craft beer. The Flemish actor and theater maker previously worked with Abattoir Fermé and Theater Zuidpool.
Julie Kurris investigates cross-overs between music, theater, dance and visual art. She plays the performance Dé Colo together with Dodó Kis, a pioneer on the recorder in the field of live electronics and free improvisation.
This Intergalactic Night starts with a concert by house pianist Ernst Glerum and drummer Han Bennink, both known from the ICP Orchestra.
– Ernst Glerum (house pianist): solo piano
– Peter Zegveld: music performance, installation of self-made instruments
– Jeff Aendenboom: ‘God zal ons (niet) Redden’ (theater)
– Dodó Kis (recorders) / Julie Kurris (vocals/lyrics): ‘Dé Colo’ (performance)
– Han Bennink (drums)/Ernst Glerum (piano): concert